The Time Portal by Josef-Peter Römer
Brief Explanation of the painting
"The Time Portal"
This painting represents American History, from past treatment of the Native Americans, to comic book culture, and a hint of the Vietnam War. To the present of polluting the world. it also includes dream elements.
I have a Ink Sketch that is numbered in relations to the numbered explanations below and will explain the painting to make it easier to see what your looking at. If you have any comments please let me know by going to contact and send me a message.
1) Indians in the background doing the Ghost dance, bringing back the Good Old days for them.
2) This is a US Soldier in the 1860's pulling a Prison Building full of Native Americans away from their Homes, blood coming out of the building from Dean Natives.
3) The scene out the High Rise window is Gotham City from Batman showing the batman call and Superman.
4) this character came from my dreams he is painting a Paint by number painting, you can see the detail of it in the small thumbnail.
5) These two small Native Americans came from the Comic book Red Ryder, showing what looks like a bandana holding his feather, this is a flase illustration which was adopted by hollywood, because instead of hiring real Native Americans to play the parts in their movies they hired only Whitemen, who had to wear Bandana to keep their wigs on and place their feathers.
6) A Vietnamese Soldier holding an Orb that projects the "Time Portal" and a Vietcong, The Waitress is holding a Glass with a Dead Cobra in alcohal which is a drink in Vietnam. Below her is a Pipe spewing pullution into the river, contribution from Modern man to the world.
7) Last the Dians doing the Gohst Dance are resurecting the Dead, so that the whiteman disapears and all the buffalo, and old way of living will return.
It also includes Comic characters, some dream elements and the creation of The Time Portal that the Vietnamese Soldier is holding in his hand coming from a glowing Orb.
This all takes place in a High Rise Restaurant over looking Gotham City.
Painting includes a Natural Maple Wood Clear Lacquer Floater Frame.